In keeping with our mission to educate the whole child through a Christ-centered curriculum focused on science, technology, arts, math, and religion, we designed three programs for our students: Toddlers, Pre-kindergarten, and Kindergarten. All of our programs focus on the following areas using age apropriate methods and materials:
Faith and Religion:
The religion curriculum is developed to instill the importance of keeping God in our daily life.
Learning Center based classrooms focus on cognitive, physical, language, social, and emotional development using materials and activities that give children the opportunity to develop concepts, knowledge, skills, and understanding through manipulation, discovery, and natural learning.
Language and Literacy
- Daily worship and religion classes
- Weekly chapel
- Integration of faith in daily life skills
- Learning songs and prayers
- Interactie dramatization of stories from the Old and New Testaments
- Celebrating feast days and holy days honoring Jesus, the Saints, and the Angels
- Book Time curriculum for developign essential vocabulary and comprehension skills.
- Story telling
- Listening comprehension
- Discrimination, letter, and symbol relationships
- Labeling and naming
- Sentence structure
- Letter/word recognition
- Printing and drawing
- Hand-eye coordination
- Building vocabulary
- Order and sequence
- Counting (cardinal and ordinal)
- Numbers recognition
- Operations/simple math skills
- Spatial relationships
- Graphing and Organizing
- Challenging and developing thinking skills
- Develop physicl knowledge
- Observing and classifying
- Manipulating real objects
- Exploring the natural environment and the world
- Space, motion, and force
- Seasons and weather
- Our bodies, health, and safety
- The five senses
Students will explore, develop, and express ideas using the skills, language, and techniques of the arts.
Social and Emotional Development:
- Explore the elements and principles of design (color, shape, line, texture, pattern and contrast).
- Create artwork based on senses and imagination
- Explore a range of art materials and techniques
- Create art influenced by other cultures and times
- Investigate STEAM principles
Through a variety of activities the children develop awareness of the diverse cultures, vocabulary, adn traditions of the world.
PATHS (Promoting Alternative Thinking Strategies)
- Develop respect and knowledge of differenses and sameness
- Explore culutre
- Experience and discuss diversity
A social and emotional development curriculum that helps children to build positive self-esteem, problem-solving skills, social skills, and friendships.
This class uses the integrations of cognitive, emotional, symbolic, and physical interactions, enabling children to develop strong bodies and minds.