Benefits of Reading:
*Taken from Harper Collins Children's Books Resources.
- 15 minutes of reading per day makes over 1 million of words read in a year.
- Reading to a child in an interactive style raises IQ by at least 6 points.
- Daily reading to kids puts them almost 1 year ahead of those who are not being read to.
- Children without basic literacy skills when they enter school are up to 4 times more likely to drop out later.
- Children who read 3,000 words per day will be in the top 2% of standarized tests, while children who read 20 words per day will be in the bottom 2%.
- Good readers often have more financially rewarding jobs.